This roasted potato and vegetable hash is full of flavor and a quick and easy meal for the family.
This is one of my go to meals for weekly meal prep. It is so full of flavor and easy to throw together. The other great thing about it is you only need is a baking dish or sheet pan depending on how many you want to feed. This is a great scalable recipe and is perfect for feeding an army.
In this recipe
While this recipe takes only one dish it does require a little attention. You will need to rotate the vegetables a couple of times during roasting to make sure that they are evenly cooked. The high heat is your friend and will give that nice char on some of the potatoes that make this dish tasty.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that you can change up what you want as the vegetables. Check out the mix it up section below for additional ideas/suggestions on how to make this dish your own. It is important to make sure you choose a good starchy or all-purpose potato for this hash. For more information about potato types check out my mashed potato recipe.
When making this recipe for meal prep do not include the eggs and cook them the day you are ready to eat. This will keep the eggs from drying out and if you like a runnier egg they will still taste good. Be careful once the eggs are in the oven. They can dry out very quickly.
Mix it up
Here are some ideas for making this your own or if you want additional flavor combinations:
- Add another protein such as chicken, sausage, bacon, brisket, ham, or chorizo.
- Use sweet potatoes instead or use a combination of both.
- Use any of the following vegetables instead or with the ones listed in the recipe: butternut squash, spinach, eggplant, garlic, jalapeno peppers, zucchini.
- Add cheese at the same time as the eggs.
Roasted Potato and Vegetable Hash with Eggs
- Foil lined sheet pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 eggs
- 2 lbs golden potatoes cubed
- 2 cup kale chopped
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup onion diced
- ½ cup shallot diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt kosher
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or gas mark 7.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Stir until combined. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, onion, shallots, and bell pepper. Toss until everything is evenly coated and transfer to the foil lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes flipping the vegetables halfway through. Remove from the oven and make 8 wells in the hash. Add the egg to each of the wells. It is ok if some of the egg white leaves the well. Top with the kale.
- Bake for another 8 minutes or until eggs are done to your preference. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.