Baked scallops and shrimp is a quick and flavorful dish. The tarragon, lemon and tomatoes will create a nice broth for the seafood. This is a great dish for any seafood lover.
Who doesn’t love a great seafood dish? One of the greatest things is you can make this in about 30 minutes. That makes this dish great for the family and great for those on the go. For those that need a heartier meal this goes great on top of pasta, but is great without it.
In this recipe
The main feature in this dish of course is the shrimp and scallops. You want to get large shrimp and scallops that are roughly the same size. This way they will cook at the same speed ensuring you don’t have one of of them though while the other one is just right.
Tarragon is a strong herb so a little goes a long way. You can leave the leaves their normal size or you can chop them up. Personally I recommend chopping them up so you don’t have to worry about getting mouthfuls of herbs later. You can also leave the tarragon attached to the stalk and just remove the entire thing.
Frozen shrimp and scallops are perfect for this recipe if you don’t have access to fresh shrimp or scallops. This is also a bonus because they can work in a pinch and can come already deveined and shelled. This will also reduce the amount of time spent on food prep.
These is prepared “en papillote” which is French for saying in paper. The ingredients are placed on parchment paper and then the paper s folded and rolled to seal. It can be placed in another parchment bag and placed in the oven for baking. I am sure you have already done something like that with aluminum foil already. It is the same premise.
Just remember like a bag of popcorn there will be a lot of steam when these are opened. Please make sure to open away from your face. To make things easier you can place all of the ingredients onto on large piece of parchment. If you want to make individual portions those work just as well.
Baked Scallops and Shrimp with Tarragon
- Lined sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled, deveined, thawed if frozen
- 1 lb sea scallops thawed if frozen
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 1½ tbsp tarragon fresh
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or gas mark 7.
- Season the shrimp and scallops with salt and pepper. On a sheet of parchment paper arrange the scallops and shrimp with the lemon slices. Top with tarragon and tomatoes. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and seal the parchment closed by bringing to two larger ends together and fold the ends in half several times until it creates a tube. Pinch the paper eat each and and do the same thing.
- Place on the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the package to a platter or large dish, there will be a lot of liquid inside and unwrap the package. If individual portions were made serve as is.