This sheet pan pancake is perfect for a fun weekend breakfast. This quick and easy recipe is ready in less than 25 minutes which is perfect for enjoying the weekend.
I am not going to lie. I love recipes that take less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Especially when it is in the morning. While I love baking, weekend mornings are for relaxing. Only 30 minutes and you can go right back to your relaxing. The best part is that it uses a half sheet pan so you will have plenty for those of you with large households.
In this recipe
What makes this recipe cook so quickly is how hot the oven is and the use of ta sheet pan. By spreading the batter across breadth of the sheet pan it becomes thinner allowing it is cook faster. This is why this recipe works as well as it does.
In order to keep the pancake as light and fluffy as possible do not beat the batter very much. You want to gently stir or fold the ingredients into each other. Beating too much does a couple of things. Firstly, it introduces a lot of air that will leave the batter once cooked. Secondly, it will develop gluten which will make the pancake chewy.
It is also important to make sure that the sheet pan is greased well. This can be done with butter or a cooking spray. Due to the lightness of this pancake if it does stick it might tear easily without it. To get a darker top on the pancake brush the top with butter and broil it for a couple of minutes.
Mix it up
There is plenty of flavors and additions that you can use to make this recipe your own. Take a look at a couple of these ideas.
- Swap the blueberries for chocolate chips
- Swap the blueberries for pecans
- Reduce the buttermilk by a half cup and add a half cup of pumpkin puree
- Replace the blueberries for shredded apples and add a teaspoon of cinnamon
Quick and Easy Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancake
- Lined sheet pan
- Mixing Bowl
- ¼ cup butter unsalted, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or gas mark 6. Grease the sheet pan with baking spray or a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Combine the baking soda, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, then add the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. Using a spatula add the flour mixture and mix to combine. Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour onto the lines sheet pan spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. The pancake will not be evenly brown or a very dark brown once it is done baking. To get a darker brown turn the oven to broil and brush with melted butter. Broil for 2-4 minutes.