Chicken fajitas are always welcome as a simple midweek meal. This recipe is great for meal prep as it is easy to prepare and makes a large amount.
One of the reasons that I have always loved this dish is the fact that it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish. Plus it makes a ton so it is great for those who need to feed a lot or if you are like me a perfect meal for meal prep. Another great thing is that it only takes one sheet pan, knife, and a cutting board, so that means you only have to clean up the knife and cutting board if you line the sheet pan with foil. This is a great meal for those on the go or that have little time to cook.
In this recipe
One of the greatest parts of this recipe is that all of the ingredients will already be in your kitchen, well if you like spicy food, or it is a quick trip to the store. This recipe also packs some heat with the peppers.
Jalapeno peppers: This is going to be the main reason for how spicy the fajitas are. If you want more heat add a couple more, otherwise you can omit them if you want a more mild flavor.
Bell peppers: Use any combination of red, orange, yellow, or green peppers to suit your tastes.
Slice them thinly
You want to make sure that your vegetables are sliced thinly. The biggest reason for this is to make sure everything cooks at the same time. The chicken will cook pretty quickly however the vegetables might take longer. If you want more thickly sliced vegetables then you will want to place them in the oven 10 minutes before the chicken. Then add the chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken and cooked and tender.
Season everything evenly
A little tip to help coat everything evenly is to first mix all of the seasonings, oil, and lime juice in the bottom of a large bowl. Then toss the chicken in the mixture next. You can use your hands, a utensil, or just flick the bowl away from you and use the sides of the bowl to mix the chicken. Add the peppers and repeat. This will make sure the chicken is seasoned well and evenly.
Place it close to the heat
For some of the best results place the plan close to the heating element near the top of the oven. Also it is important to make sure that the fajita mixture is evenly spread around. This will ensure that everything cooks at the same time and evenly. Then all that is left is for you to use your favorite toppings with these fajitas and you have a quick family meal.
Looking for other chicken recipes?
Spicy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet pan
- Large mixingn bowl
- 8 tortillas fajita size
- 2½ pounds chicken breast cut in strips
- 1½ cups red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1½ cups yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1½ cups green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1½ cups onion thinly sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt kosher
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 limes juiced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, 190°C, or gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl combine the lime juice, avocado oil, and all herbs and spices. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Then add the vegetables and toss to coat again.
- Pour onto sheet pan and place on rack near the top of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or once the chicken is done and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C.
- Serve with warmed tortillas